Education is a partnership between home and school. We all need to be clear about what can reasonably be expected of each other:
- To seek to develop each students’ talents as fully as possible.
- To teach effectively and to set the highest standards in work and behavior.
- To care for and support each student when at school.
- To ensure that each student makes the best possible contribution to the community when he or she leaves school.
- To encourage open communication with parents as a basis for close co-operation between home and school.
- To show by their own example that they support the school’s setting of the highest standards in all it tries to do.
- To ensure that their son or daughter comes to school regularly, on time, correctly dressed and ready to work.
- To take an active and supportive interest in their son’s or daughter’s work and progress.
- To support the authority and discipline of the school, helping their son or daughter to achieve maturity, self-discipline and self- control.
- To encourage the development of their son’s or daughter’s involvement in the school’s extracurricular activities.
- To attend school regularly, on time, ready to learn and to take part in school activities.
- To aim for the highest standards in all as pects of school life.
- To co-operate with the staff and to accept the authority and rules of conduct of the school.
- To consider and respect the feelings, rights and property of other people in the school.
- To care for the grounds, buildings, furniture, equipment, books and other items provided by the school.